Dear Friends of 180,
We were profoundly saddened and outraged about last week’s murders in Georgia that took eight lives, six of whom were Asian American women. This targeted, hate-driven, and violent act was fueled by violence against women and racism. Beyond denouncing anti-Asian violence, civil rights advocates both at 180 and other organizations, are encouraging the public to take action and lend support.
Please consider ways you can make a difference:
- Take part in the mission of 180
- Support groups like the National Asian Pacific American Women’s Forum
- Report anti-Asian hate incidents to organizations like Stop AAPI Hate
- Donate to organizations like the Asian Pacific Fund
- Educate yourself and follow social media accounts like: @washthehate @hateisavirus @antiracismdaily
At 180 we stand committed to continuing the fight against domestic violence, sexual assault and systemic racism. We stand by the Asian American Pacific Islander Community and remain committed to strengthening our mission to ending violence and all forms of oppression in our community. We implore you to join with us.
Anna Diaz White, Executive Director
Brian M. Nelson, Board President