Sexual Violence Program Advocate
Submit your application by email, mail or fax:
Tina Morgan, Assistant Victim Support Program Coordinator:
180 Turning Lives Around, Inc.
Attn: Tina Morgan
1 Bethany Road – Building 3, Suite 42
Hazlet, NJ 07730
Contact Tina Morgan at 732-264-4360 x 4272
Volunteers meet with and offer telephone support to sexual assault survivors and their loved ones by providing immediate intervention services and critical information.
Description of Duties
- Survivor accompaniment to local hospitals, police departments and Grand Jury hearings following a sexual assault
- Provide telephone support and referral services in the areas of: sexual assault awareness, crisis intervention, medical and emotional needs of the sexual assault survivor and the criminal justice system in relation to sexual assault
- Volunteers are required to take on-call shifts each month
- Attend one supervisory meeting per month
- Bilingual (especially Spanish) a plus
- No prior experience in sexual violence is required
- A 40-hour mandatory training course will be provided to successful applicants at no cost
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Have access to transportation
- Possess a valid driver’s license
- Be willing to serve on an on-call shift basis
- Submit to background investigations and fingerprinting
- Participate in an application and interview process
For more information and application packet, call Susan Levine at 732-264-4360 ext. 4271 or email email@example.com.