Safe House Volunteer
We have identified several new volunteer opportunities available in our safe house.
If you have a few hours per week and can do so on a consistent basis, we would greatly appreciate your help.
Be part of our team helping us to meet the daily needs of our new facility and our clients!
Security Desk/ Camera Room Receptionist:
- Assist safe house staff in the operation of the facility, responsibilities include answering the hotline phone and transferring calls to staff (who will provide the assistance to the Hotline caller), monitoring security camera screens, answering door phone and opening gates as needed, and buzzing clients or visitors in and out of the facility.
- Volunteers are needed 7 days per week, and can commit for a few hours one day per week or more.
Facility Donations Organizer:
- Assist with the sorting, shelving, and organization of a variety of donations those come in to the safe house on a regular basis.
- Occasional shopping and assist with pantry as needed.
- Provide homework support, reading books to the children, or assisting with childcare when a parent is meeting with their counselor, case manager or attending group.
- Assist children on our playground.
- Provide transportation to our clients as needed to social services, court, shopping, or other appointments. Agency van provided.
- Must have driver license in good standing.
- All volunteers will need to complete a fingerprint/background check prior to beginning volunteer duties.
- We are flexible to work with your availability. Please contact our Safe House Program Coordinator, Isabel Quezada at firstname.lastname@example.org, or call (732) 264-4360 ext 4505.